Knee and Orthopedic Center in Florida: Lower Leg and Knee Replacement in Fort Lauderdale & Miami
Our physicians have extensive knowledge and education in diagnosing, treating, and managing all conditions of the knee including degenerative diseases such as arthritis, congenital deformities, and complete fracture and trauma care. Our Florida knee and orthopedic center has special expertise in treating sports-related knee injuries, including cartilage and ligament damage.
Our knee expertise encompasses the treatment of problems like meniscal tears in the knee and total knee replacement. These are performed by Fort Lauderdale orthopaedic surgeons. Treatments are generally accompanied by a physical therapy regimen specific to the injury.
The knee is a complex joint that includes four bones and a complex network of muscle, cartilage and ligaments. The knee joint comes under tremendous stresses from standing, walking, running, squatting, and kneeling. Fort Lauderdale Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine treats both traumatic and degenerative knee conditions. We can perform both partial and total knee replacement for patients in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Common knee injuries include:
- Meniscus Cartilage Tears – A torn meniscus usually results from a sudden twist or repeated squatting. This usually causes your knee to swell and hurt. You may also feel a “catching” or locking when you bend it.
- Ligament Tears – The anterior cruciate ligament may tear from a fall, twist, or direct blow to the knee. These tears usually cause pain and instability.
- Articular Cartilage Wear – Aging or injury may wear articular cartilage. Pain, stiffness, or grinding may be symptoms that you may experience.
- Patella Problems – The cartilage under your kneecap can become damaged due to aging, overuse, or a direct blow to the knee. These structural problems can restrict joint motion causing uneven wearing and pain.
Our comprehensive Florida Knee and Orthopedic Center services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of hip and knee joint problems, including arthritis, osteoporosis, ligament damage, cartilage damage, fractures
- Interventional pain management
- Specialized surgical services such as the partial and total knee replacement to treat extensive knee damage.
- Physical and occupational therapy
Get your life back. Make an appointment with one of Broward County’s leading orthopaedic specialists by calling Fort Lauderdale Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine today at . Or make an appointment online using our convenient Request an Appointment form.