Simply put, orthopaedics is the branch of medicine that deals with the musculoskeletal system. “Orthopaedics” is the correct medical spelling for our specialty, though “orthopedics” is also an acceptable spelling. Florida orthopaedic specialists focus on the diagnosis and treatment of all types of disorders, conditions and injuries of the skeletal system and its associated muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves.
Over the years, the field of orthopaedics has expanded to include many subspecialties and the treatment of a wide variety of musculoskeletal disorders in patients of all ages. At Fort Lauderdale Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, our wide range of expertise helps us serve our patients in the following ways:
• Accurately diagnose a multitude of orthopaedic problems, including arthritis, sprains and strains, fractures, dislocations, sports injuries, and numerous causes of musculoskeletal pain.
• Create individualized treatment plans using the very latest skills and techniques.
• When possible, treat patients with conservative measures such as physical therapy, judicious use of anti-inflammatories and injections, and casting or bracing.
• Perform the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques, including arthroscopy of the shoulder, knee, hip, elbow and ankle.
• Utilize the latest available implants for partial or total joint replacement.
To learn more about how our leading orthopaedic specialists can help improve your quality of life, call Fort Lauderdale Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine today at (954) 400-5544. Our entire team is committed to providing top-quality orthopaedic care that is compassionate, understanding and respectful.