Arthritis, fractures and other conditions can damage the hip, making everyday activities painful and difficult. If medications, changes in your everyday activities, and the use of walking aids are not helpful, it may be time to consider hip replacement in Miami. By replacing your diseased hip with an artificial joint, hip surgery can relieve pain, increase motion, and help you get back to enjoying life.
Although many patients who undergo hip replacement surgery range from ages 60 to 80, an orthopaedic surgeon should consider your individual situation. Recommendations for surgery are based on the extent of your pain, disability and general health status, not solely on age. You may benefit from hip replacement surgery if:
• Hip pain limits your everyday activities, such as walking or bending.
• Hip pain continues while resting, either day or night.
• Stiffness in a hip limits your ability to move or lift your leg.
• You have little pain relief from anti-inflammatory drugs or glucosamine sulfate.
• You have harmful or unpleasant side effects from hip medications.
• Other treatments, such as physical therapy or the use of a cane, don’t relieve hip pain.
At Fort Lauderdale Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, we will conduct a thorough health evaluation and discuss whether hip replacement surgery is the best method to relieve your pain and improve your mobility. Begin your journey back to full health – call our office today at (954) 400-5544 to schedule a consultation.