Spine & Neck
Back or neck pain can disrupt your life and cause pain ranging from nagging discomfort to paralyzing agony. Fort Lauderdale Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine is known throughout Broward County for excellence in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of neck and spine disorders, which are among the most complex conditions seen in orthopedic medicine.
The spine consists of bones (vertebrae) separated by soft cushions (discs) that stretch from the neck to lower lumbar area. Pressure on the nerves that branch off the spinal cord can produce pain, numbness, tingling or weakness. Causes of back or neck pain may include arthritis, scoliosis, muscle strain, osteoporosis, fractures, or degenerative disc disease.
Our comprehensive spine and neck services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of spinal problems including disc ruptures, arthritis of the spine, scoliosis, spinal fractures, tumors and infections
- Medical management of spinal disorders
- Interventional pain management
- Disability ratings
- Deformity/Scoliosis in adults and children
- Specialized surgical services
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Patient education on spine pain causes, treatment and prevention
Get your life back. Make an appointment with one of Broward County’s leading orthopaedic specialists by calling Fort Lauderdale Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine today at 954-764-8033. Or make an appointment on-line using our convenient “Request an Appointment” form.